Local Open Positions
Jobs are listed newest to oldest. All job positions listed are currently unfilled. If you would like to advertise a marine related job email Stephanie@marinepbc.org.
Rigid Boat Enclosure Specialist - Full-time job
Canvas Designers, a large marine customization shop located in Riviera Beach, FL, is in search of an individual to join our manufacturing team to build EZ2CY rigid boat enclosures.
This job entails assembling and handling heavy boat enclosure panels and including, but not limited to, gluing, sewing, buffing and miscellaneous panel repairs. Experience a plus but will train.
Competitive pay plus benefits. Full time, 40 hour/four day work week Tuesday-Friday, 7:30 AM - 6 PM. Air conditioned environment. Must be able to pass a background check.
Email your resume to Sandi@CanvasDesigners.com or stop into our location.
Job title: Marine Fuel Supply Operations Manager
Reporting to: VP of Marine Fuels
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Location: Atlantic Florida – Miami, Fort Lauderdale, West Palm Beach, Port Canaveral
Seeking an experienced, certified PIC interested in a shore based opportunity. Tethys is a diversified Oil Trading and Supply company that delivers Marine Fuels (Bunkers/MGO/Diesel) to all classes of seagoing vessels at ports in Florida.
Key responsibilities & duties
The Marine Fuel Supply Operations Manager will be responsible for delivering product to customer vessels.
• Coordinate delivery timing with the appropriate port authority, Coast Guard, and vessel agent to ensure a timely operation.
• Comply with all company HSE policies and regulations
• Meet company equipment maintenance, safety, and testing procedures
• Document all deliveries as per company outlined procedures
Academic or trade qualifications
TWIC card, USCG approved PIC or Tankerman accreditation
Work experience and skills
At least 2 years’ experience as a PIC
The International SeaKeepers Society
Position: The International SeaKeepers Society, Associate Development Director
Description: The Associate Development Director will focus on support to the organization consisting of two primary functions. The first is financial: selling sponsorships for our events and donation opportunities for corporations/individuals. The second is DISCOVERY Yacht membership: recruiting yacht owners and captains to participate in our DISCOVERY Yachts Program. Base salary plus commissions will depend on qualifications and will begin at $43K per year. Paid travel is part of the job as SeaKeepers holds events globally in Monaco, Barcelona, Singapore, San Francisco, and several in Florida. This year in particular, we have events in Singapore, Bermuda and Florida.
We are seeking the most well connected candidates in the yachting industry who are personable team players and terrific at closing sales.
Contact Richard Snow at 305.448.7089 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Branch Manager – Jerry’s Marine Service
Jerry’s Marine Service, a leading distributor of marine engines and related parts, is seeking a Branch Manager for their main warehouse in Fort Lauderdale, FL. This position requires a positive attitude, multitasking, and exceptional managerial skills. The Branch Manager will be responsible for the counter sales and warehouse staff, and will report to the General Manager.
· Coach counter sales staff to ensure they have the product knowledge and customer service skills to maintain customer satisfaction.
· Manage receiving, shipping and other warehouse staff to ensure an efficient movement of product to fulfill customer orders.
· Hire and terminate (with supervision of GM) employees in the warehouse and on the counter.
· Respond to customer complaints in a professional and timely manner, while taking corrective action if appropriate to prevent future issues.
· Monitor cleanliness and safety of warehouse, following OSHA guidelines.
· Negotiate contracts for services such as maintenance, waste removal and phones.
· Communicate clearly with other management any issues of concern or areas for improvement.
Candidate must have a minimum of five years’ managerial experience in a warehouse setting, and must also have experience in the marine industry. For consideration, please send resume to Mark VenHuizen at email@example.com.
Palm Beach Yachts International
BOOKKEEPER (QB PRO)/ADMIN ASAP (WEST PALM BEACH, FLORIDA)
Seeking full time professional & well spoken applicant for immediate start. Support a small office environment. Multi-tasking, organized and ability to prioritize. Reliable team player. Marine industry a plus.
BOOKKEEPING - MUST BE proficient in QuickBooks Pro to manage AP/AR for multiple accounts including but not limited to payroll, monthly reports, bank and credit card reconciliations, budgeting, etc. EXCEL also required.
ADMIN SUPPORT - General office duties. Strong computer & internet skills. Working knowledge & experience in the following:
* Social Media Marketing skills
* MS office products - Word, Excel, Outlook and Publisher
* Adobe Acrobat and programs
Please send resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org